Student Applications and Registrations for Kindergarten and new students will be taking place during the month of February at all Burnaby Schools. Kindergarten registrations for the 2017-18 school year are for children born in 2012.
- Register your child or submit their application to attend another school or educational program such as French Immersion or Mandarin at their attendance area (catchment) school (see link to School Locator below).
- Applications to another Burnaby School or language program submitted ON-TIME, within the established timelines (Feb. 1-28) are considered first.
- Registration times at Montecito will be between 9:30-11:45 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m. each day. NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY.
For your convenience, please see the following links:
- School Locator
- List of Required Documentation to Register – Student Registration Form and Medical Form.
- Cross District Transfer Application
- Out of District Transfer Application
- District Language Program Application
- Parent Information Evenings for District Language Programs
For detailed information please visit the Burnaby School District website.
For information regarding Open House/Information Nights for parents of Grade 7 students, please see the following:
Do you have anything planned for your child for February 17 (Pro-D day) or during Spring Break? The City of Burnaby has some great options for you to explore.
As winter weather approaches, we want to remind parents/guardians, students, and staff about Burnaby School District weather related school closure announcements.
All schools will remain OPEN, unless there is heavy snowfall, damage or other circumstances (eg. power outage) that make it impossible to operate safely. The district will do its best to communicate school or district-wide closures or cancellations by 6:30 am. This information will be posted on the front page of the district website and tweeted out (follow us on Twitter @burnabyschools). However, please keep in mind that there may be situations where this is not always possible, for example, power outages or technical problems.
The most reliable way to learn of school closures is to listen for updates on the following radio stations:
- CBC AM 690
- CBC Radio One FM 88.1
- CKWX AM 1130 – NEWS 1130 AM
- CKNW AM 980
- Fairchild AM 1470
- Fairchild FM 96.1
Please do not call the radio station – simply tune in and listen for the announcements which will be made on a regular basis.
Parents/guardians are responsible for their child’s safe travel to school. Please walk elementary children to the door of their school if you are uncertain whether the school is open or not. If for any reason you feel that your child cannot travel safely to school then you should notify the school that your child will be absent.
Student safety is a shared responsibility. With your cooperation and support related to winter weather procedures, we can achieve safe conditions for all.