When students feel welcome, supported, respected and safe they are more engaged in learning. Burnaby School District remains committed to creating cultures of belonging in our schools by providing caring, inclusive environments that support the unique learnings needs of each child.
We invite you to learn more about the District’s ideals of diversity and inclusion, and supporting your child, in this letter from Ron Burton, Chair of the Burnaby Board of Education and Superintendent of Schools, Gina Niccoli-Moen. LEARN MORE
At Montecito some of the Buddy classes are doing activities throughout the week to bring awareness to Pink Shirt Day.
Celebrating diversity and inclusion in Burnaby Schools on February 21.
Happy International Mother Language Day…..
Student Applications and Registrations for Kindergarten and new students will be taking place during the month of February at all Burnaby Schools. Kindergarten registrations for the 2017-18 school year are for children born in 2012.
- Register your child or submit their application to attend another school or educational program such as French Immersion or Mandarin at their attendance area (catchment) school (see link to School Locator below).
- Applications to another Burnaby School or language program submitted ON-TIME, within the established timelines (Feb. 1-28) are considered first.
- Registration times at Montecito will be between 9:30-11:45 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m. each day. NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY.
For your convenience, please see the following links:
- School Locator
- List of Required Documentation to Register – Student Registration Form and Medical Form.
- Cross District Transfer Application
- Out of District Transfer Application
- District Language Program Application
- Parent Information Evenings for District Language Programs
For detailed information please visit the Burnaby School District website.
For information regarding Open House/Information Nights for parents of Grade 7 students, please see the following: